Did you know that home improvement contractors rank among the lowest on the list of trusted professionals? That's right, according to Forbes, home improvement contractors rank in the lowest half of trusted professionals. Therefore, how can you be certain you are hiring the best contractor for your project? This video will help ensure that you avoid unexpected and costly surprises so that you have a positive experience for your next project.
By no means is this a full list of all possible questions, rather a guide to help sort through contractors and find the best fit for you.
1. What are some practices you do different from your competition?
2. When doing the work, is there anything different you do from what the manufacturer recommends?
3. How long have you been doing roofing / (any type) work?
4. Can you provide a copy of your Insurance, Workman's Compensation and Bond before beginning the work?
5. How long have you been working with your team who will actually be doing the work?
6. Will a job site supervisor be present throughout the project?
7. How can I expect to be communicated with throughout the project?
8. What are any possible out of pocket expenses that could come up after we agree on a price?
9. In the event something is damaged or broken while on the job, how have you handled that in the past?
10. How are payments handled? When are payments due?
1. Are discounts available for doing work off season or for paying cash?
Another helpful tip when interviewing contractors can actually begin before they show up to your house.
Did the contractor communicate well in advance?
Did the contractor call or communicate to confirm your appointment?
Did the contractor show up on time, act professional and seem confident and competent in their proposed solutions?
These steps may be indicators you can pick up on before making your final decision.
If there are other roofing or solar questions you have please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
RoofCo is a roofing and solar company committed to providing a transparent look at how to do all things roofing! Our goal is to equip homeowners with all the information they need to either make their own repairs or be armed with all the appropriate information to hire the best contractor for their project.
Thank you and be safe!